Mission of the Natural French Natural Perfumery Academy
- To Identify, Protect and Teach our Important Heritage Including:
Seeds, Flowers, Plants, Pollinators, Essential Oils, Perfumes and the People who Depend on Them.
- To Teach the Teachers within the Value Added Supply Chain Community
- To Improve the Academic Environment within the Worldwide Perfume Industry to the Highest Standards.
- To Share IPF Value to Transmit the Heritage of French Perfumery and the Excellence and Quality Required to Teach Natural Perfumery.
Goals of the French Natural Perfumery Academy
- To Promote the Teaching of French Natural Perfumery
Traditional perfumery has existed for 5000 years and has nothing to do with what industrials called Modern Perfumery in the 1920's. Modern Perfumery has existed for less than 150 years when perfumers started to use synthetic molecules to replace flowers and botanicals exchanging their perfumer title for the one of chemists.
- To Extend Teachers’ Education by teaching them the importance of their olfactory sense and important advanced knowledge in botanicals and their use in natural perfumery. Most of IPF Certified Natural Perfumers have been studying aromatherapy and some of them also have deep knowledge of flower and plant growing and distilling for their own essential oils. This knowledge of botanicals is basic understanding in traditional and ancestral perfumery which should be reintroduced in all perfumery education curriculum since it is necessary for any current or future natural perfumer.
- To Increase the Number of IPF Certified Natural Perfumery Schools and allow more perfumers to become IPF Certified Natural Perfumers worldwide. Since French Natural Perfumery is part of our heritage, it should be protected and taught to as many people as possible because it is also part of the New Economy in responding to consumers’ increasing demand for natural perfumes.
- To Insure Consumers know about the value, authenticity and integrity of the perfumes they are purchasing.
- To educate perfumers and brands putting perfumes in the marketplace.
The Program of the French Natural Perfumery Academy
Natural Perfumery Teacher's Academy is revealing:
- Secrets of Traditional Perfumery using naturals and botanicals only. For example, the replacement of musk (a natural animal product causing enormous suffering to animals) and synthetic musk (that may produce serious damage to human livers) with a botanical musk scent formula developed from hibiscus seeds.
- Secrets of Flowers and Plants, their benefits and the use of essential oils with the knowledge of their power.
- Secrets of "Natural Extraction"
- Secrets of Distillation using the best methods for distillations and having the best essential oils.
- Secrets of Growing Your Own Healing Garden using the best biodynamic methods. For example, learning what plants to grow next to each other.
- Secrets of Luxury Presentations using appropriate and sustainable packaging including the use of dark glass or of beautiful presentation boxes to protect perfume from the light.
- Secrets of the New Luxury Code using its application to the business of perfume. For example how to create a New Luxury Perfume.
- Secrets of each Country's Perfume Heritage using the history of those who travelled on
LES ROUTES DU PARFUM™, historical aspects of natural perfumery, an important heritage, witness of traditional and ancient use for each civilisation and each region of the world.
Our perfumes and our bees are disappearing. We're changing that in creating more teachers, more students and more jobs !
Awareness is the most important thing in the process of change. Without proper education, changes cannot be made properly. We need to be aware of the problems in order to solve them. Discover and understand the wellness and sustainability issues of our industry and the true meaning of the soul of flowers and the beneficial power of nature.
Education is the best tool to protect and conserve ancient savoir-faire and old techniques. Teaching world perfume heritage is not just the history of famous brands. It includes the teaching of French Natural Perfumery, the therapeutic power of flowers and plants in human history worldwide and the proper use of ancient techniques such as: enfleurage, maceration or distillation.
Our goal is to empower a new generation of teachers who care about the Earth, their family and friends wellbeing. Sharing knowledge, expertise and techniques allows us to sustainably grow and process flowers and plants for the future, and the return of bees and other pollinators.