2 days from 10am-4pm
@ Cherry Valley Lilacs
Bates Hop House, 54 Lancaster Street, Cherry Valley, NY 13320
by Academician Charle-Pan Dawson
This course provides an in depth, step-by-step instruction of the process and is designed for more serious perfumers and extractors.
From this fully detailed course students will be able to set up their own Enfleurage studio and perform their own Enfleurage. Students will have long term continued access for questions, technical assistance, and problem solving, that may come up in their process.
The course outline includes:
Day 1: Enfleurage, The Making of Pomade, Flower Extraction
1) Enfleurage history and modern application.
2) The importance of enfleurage as a natural scent extraction technique
3) Chemistry of enfleurage and cold fat absorption techniques
4) Cleaning and preparation of chassis with substrate fat
5) Harvesting flowers for enfleurage in the field
6) Practice of flower selection, loading and unloading chassis
7) Troubleshooting 5 major issues that can occur in the pomade
Day 2: Hands-on Extraction from Pomade, Atelier Using State-of-the-Art Equipment
1) Harvesting the pomade
2) Traditional components of pomade extraction
3) Chemistry of essential flower oil extraction from pomade
4) Proprietary innovations in Enfleurage
5) Sustainability concerns and issues
6) Purchase and set up of equipment needed for small scale, medium and large scale Enfleurage production.
7) Hands-on practice using equipment, adjusting and setting parameters for optimal results.
8) We will go through the entire process of creating an actual lilac oil sample
9) Discussion: The future of Enfleurage
10) A complimentary copy of my booklet, The Book of Enfleurage
The Price: $1450 per person (maximum 6 persons by workshop) includes:
-2 day tuition
-a farm-raised picnic lunch provided both days in the field,
-a complimentary copy of The Book of Enfleurage
-an actual lilac oil sample
All courses are certified by the Teacher’s Academy, the student receives a certificate of accomplishment
including one year membership at IPF.
They are available at the local bed and breakfast, the Limestone Mansion in Cherry Valley.
Students may walk up the hill to the lilac farm from the Limestone Mansion. We also have a cabin on the farm, and loft bedroom with bath at the farm, that will house up to four students, but it requires advance booking. Students are advised to fly in to Albany Airport. A shuttle from the airport may be arranged. Full travel instructions are given with a phone call or email inquiry. A deposit of $100 is required at the time of booking.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.